Seng Kang Sec Sch Experiential Learning to Malacca 12th-13th March 2010

Saturday 20 March 2010

8D

Reflection on My Malacca Trip
Erica Lee (6)

Throughout the trip, the three most memorable experiences I had were at the Galek Hot Spring, the Cheng Ho Museum and A Famosa. I had never seen and tried being in the Hot Spring before. Although I did not dare to try the heat, I still enjoyed being there. It was a great and new experience. I did not know about Cheng Ho at all, until I went to the Museum. He was a man whom I recognise as a respectable, honourable and great man. He also has integrity and listens to the emperor's commands, I respect that. I also had not seen buildings as old as the ones in A Famosa. I felt as if I was brought back in time when I saw the carvings on the tablets.

There are clear and obvious differences between Malacca and Singapore, but there are also similarities. The differences are firstly, there are no buildings in Singapore that exist in the 15th Century. Secondly, Singapore is more modern and advanced than Malacca, which is rich in history. The similarities are firstly, both have rivers as one of their country's icons. Secondly, Singapore has a historical place and Malacca has a historical place too.

I have learnt to be active and coorperative in a group activity or an individual activity. I have also learnt to listen and accept other people's ideas or opinions, so that everyone is active in a group. Lastly, I have learnt to care for my teamates and classmates. We are one and if one is ill, we have to take the responsibility to take care of them so as to show care for them.

I have enjoyed this trip very much with my classmates and I hope there will be a next one soon this year.


(Please do not copy!)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home