Seng Kang Sec Sch Experiential Learning to Malacca 12th-13th March 2010

Sunday 28 March 2010

Malacca Trip Experience(10)

The number of similarities between Malacca and Singapore are more than the number of differences between them. For instance , both of the countries treasure their history alot as they have their own rivers to represent the past , museums and statues too. Next , they are both regions with the peranakan populations. Their food are very tasty although i didn't really enjoy some of the dishes. Their restaurants are quite attractive too. For the differences , it is difficult to think of it , since they are quite similar. But , there are some obvious differences if you go the malacca and explore around. For example , Singapore has a lot of tall buildings while Malacca has a lot of low level buildings. Secondly , Singapore is way more rich than Malacca. Malacca has kampongs while Singapore has buildings. And people in the kampong do not have any proper jobs. All they do is take care of farm animals and plant some trees and plants/flowers including rubber trees , hibiscus , etc. to sell them to some factories and companies while Singaporeans have proper jobs like a cashier , an office person , a model , an actor , etc. to earn money to make a living. I really treasure my life as we seldomly have disasters like an erupting volcano , tsunamis , earthquakes , etc. and my family & friends are very caring towards me and our country is quite rich. Next , for my negative most memorable experience , it was during the scolding at the hotel. I had learnt alot from it. I learnt that we should not change rooms and just sleep at the appointed rooms we are supposed to be in as our teachers might need to contact us if something happened to our family in singapore. If the teachers can't find us , they will have to call every single room to check and see where we are. I also learnt that , if you hate one person , don't ignore him/her when she/he is talking to you. You should listen to that person quietly and act friendly towards him/her and you might realise that she/he might be quite a good/friendly person. Even if she/he is ugly , you should try and help her make up a little bit. And if you hate her/his character , just be straight-forward and tell her , she/he might change her/his character and you might like him/her after that. So , after the scolding at the hotel , we had to the reflection for what you did. I regretted changing rooms and not sleeping right after i've bath as i got scolded and the next day i was very tired. Next , my most memorable experience was the Galek Hot Spring and the River Cruise as i had never gone to a hot spring nor a river cruise. The Hot Spring very hot indeed! At first , i didn't dare to put my legs inside the water. But after bearing the heat for awhile , my legs became all numb and it was very relaxing. I even put my hands in it too. I went to three hot springs. Each different temperature. The one i went second was hot , the one i went first was hotter and the one i went last was the hottest. Some of my classmates said it was boiling water! I only put my legs for less than a minute and i couldn't bear with it anymore! It was super hot! But two of my classmates stayed there for around five minutes. I think. (: At the cruise , it was very windy. And it had a nice scenery around the river. The buildings had pictures on it. It must contain the history of malacca , for sure! During the cruise , we saw a monitor lizard below the ground in a hole. And it went into the water and swam beside the wall. All of us were interested and excited. (: The things that i learnt about myself is that my friends love me alot and i love them alot. Secondly , i was depending on my parents sometimes. But after this trip , i became more independent. Thirdly , i learnt to bear and be friendly and kind towards people even if i hate them.By : Jacelyne Wang Jie Jing (10)
-699 words-
Don't believe? Go count yourself. I counted it for 5 minutes. -.-'''
Whao , looks like im typed the longest. 0.o

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home