Seng Kang Sec Sch Experiential Learning to Malacca 12th-13th March 2010

Sunday 28 March 2010

Experiental Learning Trip To Malacca


By Darren(36)

In My Opinion, the similarities and differences between Singapore and Malacca are......

NUMBER 1: Singapore and Malacca both have large rivers, named after the place and country they are located in. The rivers also have weird green colours and weird smells.

NUMBER 2: They have similiar wildlife. Example: Monitor Lizards, just like the one seen in one of the crevices, are abundant in the rivers of Southeast Asia. That includes Singapore.

But the differences are.....

NUMBER 1: Malacca is a much more primitive country compared to Singapore, even though it has a much longer and much more interesting history. Read about Singapore then you sleepy in 3 seconds, though the story of Sang Nila Utama was cool.

NUMBER 2: Malacca has very dirty toilets compared to Singapore....And I'm not kidding. But nonetheless, the toilet quality was still decent.

AND NOW....FOR MY THREE MOST MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES...

NUMBER 1: Touching and kissing a Python for the 16th time! I held a python at the Red Square....Though I didn't know why It was named that way. It's more of a rectangle than a square. Anyway, the python was actually very warm even though it was cold blooded. It curled around me, and all my classmates were saying  "Eeeee...... What's that thing?" Or " Aiyo so disgusting! Chairman why you- OH MY GOD YOU JUST KISSED IT!" But I don't mind. It was kind of fun holding it. So next time you visit the Red Square, hold a 22 kilogram python.

NUMBER 2: The buffet at Bayview Hotel was delicious! I didn't expect Malaysians to cook such good western food. I had five servings of food but I couldn't finish the sixth one not because I was full but because I did not have sufficient time.

NUMBER 3: A pillow fight with Po Yi is just the thing to get you bruised. I hurled a pillow at him but he just caught it and threw it back! It flew across the room like a Shuriken! Who is he? The Pillow Ninja? Although Pillow Samurai sounds nicer but Samurais don't throw shurikens. Especially not Pillow Shurikens!

WHAT I HAVE LEARN'T ABOUT ME

Number 1: I am actually very resilient on what I do. Example..... I listen to instructions carefully and put in my best effort when doing work.

Number 2: I have a humongous appetite.....I eat so much that I am a virtual bottomless pit!

Number 3: And finally.... I look weird when I sleep. I only noticed that when Chermaine posted a photo of me on Facebook. I laughed my lungs out when I saw that picture.  I looked like a sleeping zombie! But luckily they did not take a photo of me sleeping in a cat-like pose or else I would be famous among my friends... In a weird way. But how did the photo get on Facebook you may ask.... I was sleeping, dreaming about me being Godzilla when suddenly             -Teehee!-
Allison was giggling! That interrupted my good dream of me killing Gigan! But the next part was worse
-Click!-
Chermaine took a photot of me half awake! Damn It!

For More Info,
Okay now I am going to talk about the visit to the Gadek Hot Spring... The water over there is approximately 40 degrees celsius. It is very hot, and very cooling.....Only when you take your feet out of the water and let the water evaporate. The water was very hot but I thought to myself: "You are not scared of a large python and you are scared of water?" Then, I immediately dropped my feet into the water. My feet felt numb and my legs felt like they were boiling! So, I made and excuse that I wanted to do my Green Booklet, and I got my legs out again and walked briskly towards my shoes. I wore them, and went to the nearby wooden table. So, later, when I took off my shoes, a foul stench stung my nose....it was awful! But going to the Gadek Spring was a very refreshing experience as I have never put my legs into a hot spring before.

And that ends my reflection.....And remember.....



Peace Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home