Seng Kang Sec Sch Experiential Learning to Malacca 12th-13th March 2010

Sunday 28 March 2010

Reflection of Malacca Trip :D {By Allison}

By Allison Choo :D
To me, the Malacca Trip was one of the most memorable camp experiences that I had ever had.



I feel that Malacca has more history than Singapore which is a benefit. But Singapore is more technogically advanced than Malacca.
After the trip, I had learnt to be independent, look after my peers, and respect the teachers and guides by paying and giving my fullest attention to what they were saying.
On the first day of the trip, we went to a Peranakan Food Restaurant called Seroni in Malacca. I was astonished of the fact that the food did looked simple and not tasty at all but when I ate them, I was so surprised by its delicious taste.

We went to The Cheng Ho Mueseum, where we learnt the history of Cheng Ho and ancient China. Although I enjoyed learning the history of ancient china, I realised that my green booklet/handbook was lost. I was very grateful to the teachers that helped me to retrive it from a stall holder. I have leant to be more responsible for my belongings.


We also went to The Stadhuys and A Famosa.

When we went to the Malay kampong, we learnt how the people living there earned a living by herding animals, making rubber etc.

Also, the Gadek Hot spring was very enjoyable to me as I had never seen one before and I was surprised by the fact that the Hot Spring was in a non-volcanic area, and it was natural although its temperature was a bit too high for me. I was also surprised that the Hot Spring could cure certain diseases such as joint pains, muscles pains etc.


When we were taking the river cruise, we saw a peculiar, strang and huge monitor lizard with a BLUE tongue! I had never seen a lizard as big as that in my whole entire life!


We stayed in a hotel called the Avillion legacy. It was very unique and I truly enjoyed my night there. Although there were only two beds for me, Erica and Chermaine to share, it was a wonderful experience to me.
I indeed enjoyed the Malacca trip fully and hope that the school will organize more trips for us.

Images from the Malacca Trip..         
                                                                   


{ Please dont copy!}


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home